Tuesday 23 June 2015

Many Nollywood Actors Are Struggling – Ali Baba

Many fans want popular comedian Alibaba to join Nollywood like his colleagues. Read his response: 

“I appreciate all the good comments and the bad ones, that I have received, as a result of my cameo appearance on the @niyola’s #LastBusstop video. To those asking why don’t I go into acting, I will say, I have tried. I can’t make sacrifices at this age. All the actors who you see on your television screens day in day out are making huge sacrifices. Because they allllllllll end up doing other things to support their acting careers.   

The industry is being strangled by piracy, lack of funding, copyright issues, distribution bottlenecks, great expectations from, administrative flaws, quacks in droves, demand for quality, absence of capacity building structures… But they still hang in there. I guess to some, the fame and publicity helps to make up… But when it gets better I will join. Till then let me be learning from the acting greats to know how it’s done and how I can do better. QED.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweetheart! Please Leave a comment below to Help Me Serve You Better