Saturday 5 September 2015

“I Don't Have Any Political Godfather" - Desmond Elliot

Nollywood actor cum politician, Desmond Elliot who is currently representing Surulere constituency in the Lagos State of House Representatives, has declared that he has no political godfather and absolutely nothing has changed about him since he became a politician.

In a chat with NET, Desmond said,
‘I really beg to be different when it comes to politics. I didn’t go in as a poor man, I didn’t go in because I don’t have money to eat, that’s why I never changed my twitter or Instagram handle. I do everything myself, nothing changed about me. I hate when people over bloat themselves. 

For me service Is what it’s supposed to be, that’s why from the beginning of my campaign, I never wanted any political godfather, no one is telling me I put you there, then you must do this for me. I’m eternally grateful to my party for seeing me worthy to be in that position’. 

He went on to add that,

‘I don’t have an entourage, I just have myself, my PA and my driver and most times I do the driving myself. It’s a call to service because coming from a popular stand point I’m not seeking for popularity, the aim to leave a legacy of success and real change’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweetheart! Please Leave a comment below to Help Me Serve You Better